INDIA: Scotch Malt Whisky Society branches into India
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society, a portal for sourcing single cask, malt whisky, has expanded its global reach with the launch of a branch in India.
The society is to target Indian whisky drinkers who, the company said today (9 October), comprise the world's largest consumer block for the Scotch whisky industry.
Set up in 1983, The Scotch Malt Whisky Society is used as a source for "some of the world's most exclusive" single cask, single malt whiskies, the association claims. It bottles single casks from a range of 125 malt whisky distilleries.
Society managing director, Paul Miles said: "India is seen as a huge opportunity for the Scotch industry and this is an exciting development for the Society in a country where consumers are very interested in Scotch whisky and single malts."
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society has around 26,000 members globally with 'members rooms' in Edinburgh and London.
Scottish brewer Innis & Gunn is planning to expand in the US after reporting strong sales for its beer both in the UK and abroad in 2009....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US