UK: Scorsese to star in next Johnnie Walker ad
Johnnie Walker, the Diageo-owned Scotch brand, announced today that Martin Scorsese the director of Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and Goodfellas will star in the next international 'Keep Walking' television and cinema ad for the brand.
According to the company, the new film features clips of De Niro from Taxi Driver. It is the latest in the series of ads that have also featured Harvey Keitel and Roberto Baggio. The theme of the ads encourages people to 'Keep Walking' to achieve their dreams.
Diageo said: "Scorsese was invited to star because of the remarkable series of achievements that represents his life and career so far. He has become one of the most influential and significant filmmakers of all time and has achieved all this through his own perseverance, determination and courage, all values that Johnnie Walker endorses through the Keep Walking campaign."
In another coup for Diageo Tony Scott has agreed to direct the ad. A friend of Scorsese, Scott is famous for making films such as Top Gun, True Romance, Enemy of the State, Crimson Tide, Days of Thunder and Beverly Hills Cop II.
Stephen Morley, global brand director of Johnnie Walker said:: "We are delighted that Scorsese has agreed to star in the next Johnnie Walker film. He is an extremely inspiring example of what a person can achieve when they have the courage and determination to fulfill their dreams. People all over the world include his films among their favourite films of all time. For the ad to be directed by such an accomplished director as Tony Scott and a friend of Scorsese will make this a truly exceptional piece of communication."
The ad will first be aired in Greece, which is one of the biggest markets for Johnnie Walker in mid March
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends