Product Launch - US: Schwarze & Schlichte's Barenjager Honey & Bourbon
Click through to view Schwarze & Schlichte's Barenjager Honey & Bourbon
Schwarze & Schlichte's Barenjager Honey & Bourbon
Category - Spirits, whiskey, Bourbon, blended with honey, 35% abv
Available - From April
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$28.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Sidney Frank Importing Company
Schwarze & Schlichte has lined up the first brand extension for its Barenjager Honey Liqueur proposition in the US. The German family-owned company will release Barenjager Honey & Bourbon, a blend of honey liqueur and Kentucky Bourbon, in April.
The variant will be available in the US in 5cl, 37.5cl, 75cl and 1-litre bottles, and will be distributed by Sidney Frank Importing Company, which also handles the Jagermeister Herbal Liqueur brand in the country.
The honey liqueur was originally formulated to aid hunters attract bears and lure them from their dwellings.
Barenjager is German for 'Bear Hunter'.
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director