US: Schoolkids “Switch” to carbonated juice
The Switch Beverage Co. has reported a "triple digit sales increase" after signing 15 new distributors in the past six months due to increased demand for its carbonated juice drink across the US.
The company said on Wednesday (30 April) that its 'The Switch' brand, a fizzy 100% juice beverage with 100% RDA of vitamin C which is preservative- and sugar-free, has taken off in US schools.
The Switch Beverage Co. president Maura Mottolese said: "The right product in the right packages, coupled with an outstanding new distributor network, has generated unprecedented momentum for The Switch."
G. Housen distributors president Kevin Watterson added: "The Switch is on fire in schools, we haven't seen a new brand with this kind of sell through in a long time."
The Switch senior vice president of sales and franchising Cindy Lane said: "In the last six months we have added more than 2,000 schools and The Switch has been outselling the competition, two-to-one."
Chartwells food service director Matt Zalegowski added: "What makes The Switch a success is it's a healthier alternative to soda and the kids actually want to drink it, smaller serving size facilitates portion control, which is critical in the fight against childhood obesity."
The Switch is available in eight flavours: Black Cherry, Watermelon Strawberry, Orange Tangerine, Kiwi Berry, Grape, Fruit Punch, Apricot Peach, and Very Berry. It comes in a 12oz glass bottle (available in a four-pack and by the case), and now in 8.3oz cans (24 per case or in a new four-pack for convenience).
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research