BRAZIL: Schincariol on AmBev's tail in 2004
Schincariol has vowed to boost its spending on advertising. Executives at the Brazilian brewer said this week that they intend to keep up the pressure on AmBev for market share in the domestic market.
The brewer has earmarked BRL180m (US$63.4m) for marketing, in an attempt to keep the pressure on AmBev. During 2003, Schincariol ate into AmBev's dominance of the Brazilian beer market, as its share increased from less than 10% in June to 13.4% in the final months of the year. Although Schincariol's share increases stalled in December last year, the company maintained this week that it could have sold more beer last month if only they had the capacity to brew more beer to sell.
Currently, Schincariol brews around 2.1 billion litres of beer per year. Executives plan to increase capacity by 10% by upgrading equipment at existing breweries in addition to building a new plant in the southern state of Rio Grande do Sul this year. Executives admitted, however, that the company can only brew enough beer to control 17% of Brazil's market by the end of 2004.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The pan-Latin American beer force AmBev has opened a new brewery in Peru....
AmBev has announced the sales volumes for the third quarter of this year....
The investment bank, Merrill Lynch, has warned that a takeover of the Brazilian brewer Kaiser by a large international group could lead to some profit-taking in the shares of the market leader AmBev, ...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has reported a 92% year-on-year leap in EBITDA for the second quarter of this year....
AmBev's Peruvian unit has launched a new bottle in the country....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas or AmBev has been boosted by a strong recovery of its Brazilian beer unit and reported a 11% jump in second quarter beer volumes....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets