BRAZIL: Schincariol looks to up capacity - report
Grupo Schincariol is set to up its beer production capacity in Brazil going forward, according to local reports.
The Brazilian brewer and soft drinks manufacturer will spend in the region of BRL1bn (US$572.6m) on upping capacity next year, Latin America News Digest claimed late last week. Schincariol is set to open its 13th unit in the north-eastern state of Ceara early next year, the news agency said, which would have a 2bn-litre annual capacity.
The group is also looking to buy or construct another plant in the south-west of the country.
Schincariol is the second largest brewer in Brazil after AmBev.
AmBev, InBev's Latin American operation, had a tough first quarter, hit by higher costs and poor weather in Brazil. Earlier this month, Olly Wehring met with Luiz Fernando Edmond, zone president for L...
Brazilian brewer Schincariol has acquired the brand, recipe and distribution of the Cintra line of beers from drinks giant AmBev, for BRL39m (US$23.6m), according to reports....
AmBev is looking to sell the Cintra beer brands it acquired late last year, even if the company gets clearance to keep them....
AmBev is targeting the premium segment to drive growth in its domestic market....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review