BRAZIL: Schincariol execs arrested in tax swoop
A number of executives from the Brazilian brewer Schincariol have been arrested on suspicion of tax evasion and corruption in a huge crackdown on tax evasion in the country.
In a massive operation, the Brazilian police said they had dispatched 600 agents in 12 states to make the arrests in an effort to curb tax evasion in the beer industry.
The charges claim that Schincariol avoided taxes by selling and distributing beer at below-market prices and without receipts, the statement said.
Schincariol has yet to comment on the arrests.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1