BRAZIL: Schincariol buys Sao Paulo brewer
Brazil's number two brewer Schincariol has bought local craft brewer Baden Baden for an undisclosed sum.
Schincariol, which trails brewing giant AmBev in the world's fifth-largest beer market, has pounced for the Sao Paulo-based brewer, which produces its namesake premium brew.
Schincariol confirmed the acquisition when contacted by just-drinks today (19 January) but declined to comment further.
Local reports yesterday quoted Schincariol president Adriano Schincariol as saying more acquisitions would follow the purchase of Baden Baden.
Having recovered from a tax scandal in 2005 and now back in growth, the privately owned Brazilian brewer Primo Schincariol has become a takeover target for international players keen to expand their p...
Brazilian-based drinks group Companhia de Bebidas das Americas, part of InBev, has announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, AmBev International Finance Co. Ltd., is to offer a benchmark amoun...
The Argentinean brewer Quilmes Industrial is to invest US$100m this year in increasing production and expanding its sales network. The brewer said it was also increasing investment in technological in...
Labatt Brewing Co. retirees have taken legal action against the company capping healthcare benefits, according to reports....
Schincariol has completed its purchase of local craft brewer Baden Baden, according to reports in Brazil....
InBev has said that it has "no plans" to restart the tender for the outstanding shares in Argentina-based brewer Quinsa....
AmBev has finally conceded defeat in its attempts to buy the remaining shares in Argentina-based brewer Quinsa....
Inbev is set for further legal challenges from former senior staff, according to local reports....
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research