BRAZIL: Schincariol acquires local brewer - report
The Brazilian brewer Schincariol has acquired the country's artisan brewer Eisenbahn, local press reported this weekend.
The publication Cazeta Mercantil reported that the purchase included a brewery (with capacity to produce 400,000 litres a month), a distribution centre in São Paulo and a thematic bar.
It went on to say that Eisenbahn closed 2007 with revenues of R$11 million (US$6.5m), up 25% over the previous year.
A purchase price was not reported.
just-drinks had not been able to contact either company at the time it went to press.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014