BRAZIL: Schincariol 2004 figures released
Schincariol has posted sales figures for 2004. The family-owned brewer said yesterday (20 January) that last year it sold 14.3m hectolitres of beer, providing gross revenue of BRL2.55bn (US$938.8m). Operating profit reached BRL83m, with EBITDA totalling BRL162m.
Although corresponding figures for 2003 were not available, in August Schincariol had posted a huge rise in H1 turnover for the first six months of 2004, with sales rising by 114% year-on-year hitting BRL1.17bn.
Speaking to reporters in Sao Paulo, top executive Adriano Schincariol said the brewer sold 16.4% of all beer in Brazil last year. According to data from AC Nielsen, Schincariol had a market share last year of just above 13%.
Schincariol executives have often said the Nielsen numbers do not accurately reflect the local market because they underestimate beer sales in Brazil's distant and relatively poor northern and north-eastern regions.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Having arguably failed to reach their potential in the US, following a phenomenal start in California, the "smoothie" has become a major success story in the UK soft drinks market. So much so, accordi...
The UK market is developing in terms of sales and sophistication. Drawing on up-to-the-minute consumer research, Alex McPhee, Neville Calvert and David Matthews of management consultants, KPMG, examin...
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
Cerveceria Chile saw its domestic market share leap last month, according to recent figures....
Average per capita wine consumption in Italy has dropped by over a half in the last 33 years, according to recent figures....
The sale of mineral water at retail level in Switzerland has fallen 10% in the year to May....
Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) has had its rating upgraded....
Carlsberg has renewed its sponsorship with European Champions League winners Liverpool....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends