UK: Schenk raises Buckingham Vintners stake
A shareholder in Buckingham Vintners has upped its stake in the UK wine agent.
The company confirmed yesterday (10 January) that Schenk Holding of Switzerland has increased its holding. Specific details of the move were not disclosed.
"This further investment will be very useful in allowing us to give better value to our suppliers and customers in both the own-label and branded sectors," said Cliff Roberson, Buckingham's chairman.
Schenk is a pan-European organisation with wine production and distribution facilities throughout the continent with annual sales exceeding 16m nine-litre cases, the company noted. The group initially bought into Buckingham in 1994.
Buckingham represents a stable of wines from producers including Chile's San Pedro and France's Maison Francois Martenot.
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has reported a strong start to 2007....
Chilean wine group San Pedro has named Les Grands Chais de France as its distributor for the UK market....
Chilean wine group Viña San Pedro has snapped up local winery Viña Leyda as it looks to strengthen its presence in the country's emerging wine regions....
Chilean wine group San Pedro has parted company with its UK agent Buckingham Vintners....
Chile's largest wine producer San Pedro has ploughed US$5m into its Viña Altaïr joint venture in an effort to reduce debts at the company....
San Pedro is poised to add to its Chilean wine range - this time with two Argentinean offerings....
Viña San Pedro's UK agent Buckingham Vintners has announced a new packaging design for the Chilean winery's 35° South brand....
Chilean wine group San Pedro has appointed two winemakers to focus on its premium wine brands....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites