UK: Schenk raises Buckingham Vintners stake
A shareholder in Buckingham Vintners has upped its stake in the UK wine agent.
The company confirmed yesterday (10 January) that Schenk Holding of Switzerland has increased its holding. Specific details of the move were not disclosed.
"This further investment will be very useful in allowing us to give better value to our suppliers and customers in both the own-label and branded sectors," said Cliff Roberson, Buckingham's chairman.
Schenk is a pan-European organisation with wine production and distribution facilities throughout the continent with annual sales exceeding 16m nine-litre cases, the company noted. The group initially bought into Buckingham in 1994.
Buckingham represents a stable of wines from producers including Chile's San Pedro and France's Maison Francois Martenot.
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has reported a strong start to 2007....
Chilean wine group San Pedro has named Les Grands Chais de France as its distributor for the UK market....
Chilean wine group Viña San Pedro has snapped up local winery Viña Leyda as it looks to strengthen its presence in the country's emerging wine regions....
Chilean wine group San Pedro has parted company with its UK agent Buckingham Vintners....
Chile's largest wine producer San Pedro has ploughed US$5m into its Viña Altaïr joint venture in an effort to reduce debts at the company....
San Pedro is poised to add to its Chilean wine range - this time with two Argentinean offerings....
Viña San Pedro's UK agent Buckingham Vintners has announced a new packaging design for the Chilean winery's 35° South brand....
Chilean wine group San Pedro has appointed two winemakers to focus on its premium wine brands....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends