ITALY: Schenk expands into Chianti Classico
The Schenk Group has invested in Chianti Classico, one of Italy's most prestigious winegrowing regions.
Schenk has taken a "significant minority" holding in Castello di Querceto Società Agricola, Greve in Chianti, the company said today (26 February), in a bid to further its commercial expansion and reinforce its offering of Italian wines.
Castello di Querceto is spread over 60 hectares in the Chianti Classico region and exports 85% of its production worldwide.
"The alliance is an important step forward to reinforce the presence of Castello di Querceto in new countries," Schenk Group said.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- India's Kerala state to ease alcohol restrictions