USA: Scheid Vineyards Inc. Announces New Stock Repurchase Program
Scheid Vineyards Inc. (Nasdaq: SVIN) announced today that it has instituted a new stock repurchase program in which the Company may spend up to $3 million in open market transactions to purchase outstanding shares of its Class A Common Stock at such times, and in such amounts or blocks, as deemed appropriate. This repurchase program will expire on June 30, 2001.In connection with the adoption of the new stock repurchase program, the Company has terminated its prior stock repurchase program adopted in September 1999. This program would have expired on December 31, 2000 and authorized the purchase of up to $2.5 million of Class A Common Stock. Under the prior repurchase program, the Company repurchased approximately 540,000 shares of Class A Common Stock for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $2.3 million.Scheid Vineyards Inc. is a leading independent producer of premium wine grapes and operates approximately 6,000 acres of vineyards, primarily in Monterey County, California. The Company sells most of its grape production under long-term contracts to wineries producing primarily premium quality table wines, and the Company also produces a small amount of ultra-premium wine under its own labels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages