USA: Scheid Vineyards Announces Termination Of Agreement to Sell Certain Vineyards
Scheid Vineyards Inc. (Nasdaq: SVIN) announced today the termination of a Purchase and Sale Agreement whereby its wholly owned subsidiary, Scheid Vineyards California Inc., had agreed to sell approximately 1,350 vineyard acres to Coastal Winegrowers, LLC for a purchase price of $21.3 million. The signing of the Purchase and Sale Agreement was previously announced on May 17, 2000.Alfred G. Scheid, Chairman and CEO, stated, "As the closing of the transaction approached, it became clear that there was not a meeting of the minds on certain conditions to closing. Both sides amicably agreed to terminate the agreement and cancel the escrow." Mr. Scheid further stated, "While we are disappointed that this sale will not close, we are optimistic about the future of the wine and wine grape industries and intend to follow our plan of producing the highest quality fruit for our customers."Scheid Vineyards Inc. is a leading independent producer of premium wine grapes and operates approximately 6,000 acres of vineyards, primarily in Monterey County, California. The Company sells most of its grape production under long-term contracts to wineries producing primarily premium quality table wines, and the Company also produces a small amount of ultra premium wine under its own labels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts