USA: Scheid Vineyards Announces Agreement to Sell Four Vineyard Properties
Scheid Vineyards Inc. (Nasdaq: SVIN) announced today the signing of a Purchase and Sale Agreement whereby its wholly owned subsidiary, Scheid Vineyards California Inc., agrees to sell, subject to normal conditions and contingencies, approximately 1,350 vineyard acres to Coastal Winegrowers, LLC for a purchase price of $21.3 million. The Company expects the transaction to close in approximately 60 days.Alfred G. Scheid, Chairman and CEO, stated, "We received an offer for four of our vineyards and felt it was in the best interests of the stockholders to accept the offer." Mr. Scheid continued, "One of these vineyards, a 750-acre parcel, is in the early development stage and is not projected to reach a positive cash flow until 2002. With the short crops of 1998 and 1999, management and our board of directors felt it was prudent to focus on reducing debt and returning our business to a positive cash flow." Mr. Scheid further stated, "While we are continuing to explore various strategies to best maximize shareholder value, we want our shareholders to know it is not our intention to liquidate the Company's assets. We intend to continue in the business of producing premium wine grapes."Scheid Vineyards Inc. is a leading independent producer of premium wine grapes and operates approximately 6,000 acres of vineyards, primarily in Monterey County, California. The Company sells most of its grape production under long-term contracts to wineries producing primarily premium quality table wines, and the Company also produces a small amount of ultra premium wine under its own labels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends