SWEDEN: SBG merges with Philipson & Soderberg
In a statement the companies said: "SBG has worked to strengthen their presence in Sweden through acquisitions and organic growth during the last three years. In joining forces with Philipson & Söderberg (P&S), SBG has reached its goal to be the leading private group of companies within imported wine and spirits in Sweden."
With the addition of P&S, SBG's combined turnover excluding taxes, will exceed €210m, making SBG the Nordic leader within branded imported beverages. SBG will have a market share of approximately 13% in Sweden and 12% Pan Nordic
Managing director and partner of Philipson & Söderberg, Fredrik Siösteen, said: "In the process leading up to this agreement we have felt increasingly assured that SBG is the perfect partner for our company and the best solution for P&S moving forward. The agreement allows for business-as-usual in addition to the further development of P&S. The unique SBG business model and structure provides the opportunity to build on synergies and to capture an even larger market share."
SBG group director and co-CEO, Thomas Føyen said: "With P&S as part of our group, we have clearly placed ourselves at the top of the podium both in Sweden and Pan Nordic. P&S was our first choice due to their excellent position and brand portfolio, together with their excellence in the sales and marketing of wine & spirits brands over a decade. P&S is simply the perfect match, it completes our objective for the Swedish market and progresses our vision to be the Pan Nordic partner of choice, providing the best future opportunities for the brand owners that work with companies that are a part of our group"
Anheuser-Busch has stepped into a labour dispute in its home city of St Louis....
Anheuser-Busch (AB) has lost a legal battle to sell its beer under the brand name Budweiser in Portugal....
Anheuser-Busch will pay US$120m to settle a lawsuit out of court....
The legal battle between Anheuser-Busch and a beer distributor has come to an end....
Anheuser-Busch has seen its share recommendation reviewed by several investment banks following the release of disappointing Q2 figures yesterday (28 July)....
Bear Stearns has downgraded its rating for Anheuser-Busch and questioned the brewer's price-cutting policy....
Banco Bryggeri has seen sales soar thanks to the hot weather currently being experienced in Sweden....
Anheuser-Busch may have to reinstate workers it dismissed after catching inappropriate behaviour using hidden cameras....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research