Sazerac ploughs US$200m into Buffalo Trace distillery
Buffalo Trace is to spend $200m on distillery expansions
Sazerac is to invest US$200m in expanding its Buffalo Trace distillery as it looks to meet demand for Bourbon.
The outlay will take place over the next seven years, the company said today. It will include investment in cooking, fermenting and bottling facilities as well as land and additional barrel warehouses.
Sazerac said two barrel warehouses had already been constructed, with one full and one scheduled to be full by June. The new facilities house 50,000 barrels each.
"Next up are two more barrel warehouses to be filled in the next 12 months," the company said. "A total of 30 warehouses are planned, with one new warehouse being built every five months for the next 10 years."
The company is making moves to cater for growing Bourbon demand.
"We're still looking at shortages across the board for all of our brands, and although the volumes are increasing, allocations will continue," said Kris Comstock, a spokesperson for Buffalo Trace. "This is not some marketing tactic to scare consumers to buy more, or something we are making up. We wish we had distilled more years ago. The shortage is a real problem."
Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
The recent growth trajectory of non-Scotch whiskies shows no sign of waning in the 2015-20 period, with The IWSR predicting extra sales of some 74m cases over the period. Both US and Irish whiskey ben...read more
Tequila is a type of distilled spirit manufactured from the blue agave plant (native of Mexico)....
Sazerac's Barton 1792 distillery has released a Bourbon with a high percentage of rye. ...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during January....
Sazerac Co's A Smith Bowman Distillery has released the latest limited iteration of its Abraham Bowman whiskey brand....
This latest global category insights report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests that: "Liqueurs brand owners need to shout about the crucial role their products play in classic and modern cocktail recipes ...
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020