US: Sazerac Co adds more White Rock brands
Sazerac has agreed to buy more White Rock brands
Sazerac Co has agreed to buy an additional raft of spirits brands from White Rock Distilleries for an undisclosed sum, following a similar sale last year.
The New Orleans-based firm will buy the brands Baja, Tenure, Epic, Superia, Stroyski, El Charro, Blackmaker, Chocolate Valley Vines and “others”, the companies jointly announced last week. The deal becomes effective from the end of this month.
It is the second time in nine months a deal has been done between the firms after Sazerac Co purchased 32 brands from White Rock in September.
"We are delighted to acquire these additional brands from White Rock," said Mark Brown, Sazerac's president & CEO. "The brands fit well into our vision and will further strengthen both our Sazerac and Gemini portfolios.”
White Rock CEO Paul Coulombe added: "We are very pleased to be able to consummate a second sale of brands to Sazerac, the brands have been an important part of White Rock's portfolio and we know that their future will be in good hands."
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down