US: Sazerac Co adds more White Rock brands
Sazerac has agreed to buy more White Rock brands
Sazerac Co has agreed to buy an additional raft of spirits brands from White Rock Distilleries for an undisclosed sum, following a similar sale last year.
The New Orleans-based firm will buy the brands Baja, Tenure, Epic, Superia, Stroyski, El Charro, Blackmaker, Chocolate Valley Vines and “others”, the companies jointly announced last week. The deal becomes effective from the end of this month.
It is the second time in nine months a deal has been done between the firms after Sazerac Co purchased 32 brands from White Rock in September.
"We are delighted to acquire these additional brands from White Rock," said Mark Brown, Sazerac's president & CEO. "The brands fit well into our vision and will further strengthen both our Sazerac and Gemini portfolios.”
White Rock CEO Paul Coulombe added: "We are very pleased to be able to consummate a second sale of brands to Sazerac, the brands have been an important part of White Rock's portfolio and we know that their future will be in good hands."
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends