USA: Say later to Caffeine Laden Latte
Will Soy Espresso be the next big taste trend in coffee shops? It will if Marina Kushner has anything to say about it. Kushner is founder of Soy Coffee Roasters. The company recently started selling a soybean and caffeine free blend called Soyfee's Choice via its web site (www.soycoffee.com). Kushner is also pitching the product to coffee distributors in the New York market."I enjoy drinking coffee and went looking for a healthy alternative. With all the interest in soy, an organically grown soybean product seemed like a real winner," said Kushner.She worked with a company that tested a variety of roasting techniques for soybeans. The blends were tried on her husband, friends and relatives for fresh brewed taste and aroma."Our product is unique in that our customers can actually munch on the coffee grounds after the coffee is brewed. The grounds are perfectly healthy, and contain all the health benefits of soy like vitamins, isoflavones, genistein and daidzein. Nothing is lost in the brewing or roasting process."Who is the ideal soy coffee drinker? The company is marketing Soyfee's Choice to a health conscious consumer who might be trying to eliminate caffeine from their diet. Decaf drinkers who already purchase more expensive Swiss Water Process Method decaffeinated coffee and women considering soy supplements for relief of menopausal symptoms are also seen as potential drinkers of Soyfee's Choice.Soyfee's Choice comes in four flavors including: original non-flavored and dark roast, french vanilla, hazelnut, almond amaretto and mocha. Soyfee's Choice can be purchased whole bean or ground. A 10 oz. package is $9.95 plus shipping (starting at $5.95).The company accepts mail order purchases via their website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits