S AFRICA: SAWIT chairman quits
Gavin Pieterse, one of the stalwarts of the transformation of the South African wine industry, has resigned as chairman of the South African Wine Industry Trust (SAWIT).
Pieterse spent four years at SAWIT, formed in 1999 to drive the ANC government's black economic empowerment initiative in the industry.
SAWIT also helps with co-ordinating and funding scientific and technical initiatives as well as international marketing drives through Wines of South Africa.
Pieterse intends developing strategic financial investments in the industry. His first task will be to source funding for SAWIT in North America and from other international partners now that its partnership with KWV has come to an end.
As they gather in London for their annual tasting, Cape wine producers have two rather unpalatable facts to contemplate - falling sales in the UK and the country's failure to build its presence in the...
Having over-zealously planted red grape varieties over the past ten years, South Africa now finds itself with a glut of red wine, writes Richard Woodard. Meanwhile, there is insufficient capacity to m...
Golden Kaan's strong Afro-centric packaging is set to receive a delicate Euro-centric makeover amid a "soft relaunch" of the wine's portfolio in 2007....
KWV Limited has appointed Thys Loubser as successor to CEO, Dr Willem Barnard, who is retiring after 12 years in the position....
KWV Ltd has serious ambitions to double its share value in the next three years, despite tough domestic and international competition and a worldwide wine glut....
German wine marketer Racke International has signalled its intention to focus solely on wine with the sale of three domestic spirits brands....
KWV Ltd has posted rising full-year earnings and sales after a year of local and international acquisitions....
South African wine brand Golden Kaan is looking to boost international sales through two sales appointments....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends