UK: Savanna targets young adults on C4 music show
Savanna has teamed up with C4's music programme Transmission with T-mobile.
The cider company said yesterday (30 May), that becoming 'the official cider for Transmission' forms part of its marketing campaign aimed to position the brand within the young adult arena.
Chris Bowen from Savanna said: "There is a hugely competitive cider market in the UK, all vying for young adults. We strongly believe that to cut through the marketing clutter it is imperative to associate the brand with slightly anarchic and edgy brands, such as Transmission."
The South African cider will be served at filming and at after-show parties. "The use of sampling to a predetermined audience in a controlled environment is essential to the growth of the brand," added Bowen.
Savanna recently doubled its sales in the UK in the 12 months to the end of February 2007 compared to the same period last year.
Speaking this month, the brand's distributor Babco said that its success was due to the brand's distinctive clear bottle and 'fun' image, which sets it apart from many other products.
The Distell-owned cider brand, originally introduced into the UK five years ago, is now listed in over 1,000 retail outlets, including Tesco, Somerfield, Spar and Threshers stores and Nando's restaurants.
The Savanna brand is also sold in Italy, Germany, Ireland and the US.
Established as the dominant force in its domestic wines and spirits market and as an exporter to other African countries, South African group Distell is now aiming to raise its profile in global marke...
Distell's cream liqueur brand Amarula has launched an on-pack promotion as part of its pre-Christmas push to drive brand awareness....
Distell has confirmed the appointment of a marketing manager for its wine portfolio in the UK and Europe....
Initial investigations into a fire late last week which destroyed 3,000 barrels and about 900,000 litres of young brandy in a Distell maturation cellar point to a possible electrical short circuit....
Distell has posted a rise in sales and income for its most recent financial year....
Burn Stewart Distillers has revamped its UK sales team and brought it back in-house....
The Savanna cider brand has doubled its sales in the UK in the 12 months to the end of February 2007 compared to the same period last year....
Burn Stewart Distillers and Distell Group have created a joint venture in Africa....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends