UK: Savanna Cider launches Euro ad campaign
Distell is launching a national integrated advertising campaign in the UK for its South African Savanna Cider brand this month.
The campaign, which continues with the theme associated with Savanna in other international territories - "witty, off the wall, dry humour" - is designed to coincide with the timing of the Euro 2008 football championships, for which England did not qualify.
Each execution shows a man in an England football shirt and a dour expression on his face, the first pushing a trolley around a supermarket; the second holding a basket of dirty washing in the launderette; and the third cutting a hedge - tasks they are doing, under sufferance, because there is no football of interest on the television.
The accompanying caption reads 'Support life less sweet, put lemon in your cider this June'.
Anthony Mills, head of marketing for Savanna in Europe, said: "Our campaigns always include dry humour based on a topical theme. In this instance it is taking an empathetic, slightly rye look at what all the England football supporters could be doing during the Euro 2008 - everything is slightly bitter sweet."
Media will include national press, city-centric press, London underground panels and Soho cycle taxis for the duration of the campaign.
Distell has lined up a larger sized offering of its Savanna cider brand in the UK....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review