SOUTH AFRICA: SA's Fortune Beverages posts 31.4% drop in profits
Fortune is a subsidiary of a black empowerment group Kunene Bros Holdings and has bottling and distribution rights in the Eastern Cape and Mpumalanga.
The group is also presently in negotiations with another, yet unnamed, bottling company to form a joint venture. The discussions are believed to be at a sensitive stage and no further information is available.
However, Fortune's attributable profits sank from R20.87m to R14.31m. Operating profit was R15.93m, down considerably from R31.01m and turnover was also down by 3.2% from R261.43m to R253.19m, and trading margins sank from 16.2% to 10.6%.
The drop in sales was attributed mainly to the severe flooding in Mpumalanga province (which borders on Mozambique) last summer.
The company has opened three new depots, which has helped alleviate congestion and enhanced sales and cost control measures implemented throughout the group.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated has declared a dividend for the fourth quarter of 2005 of US$0.25 per share on shares of the the North Carolina-based soft drinks company's common stock and cla...
The North Carolina-based soft drinks bottler, Coca-Cola Bottling Co., posted earnings for the second quarter of 2005 of US$11.5m, against US$10.6m in the second quarter of 2004....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has declared a dividend for the third quarter of 2005 of US$.25 per share on shares of the company's common stock and class B common stock payable on August 26, 2005, to shareho...
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced that it has closed its debenture exchange offer....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced the expiration of the early participation period related to its offer to exchange new Senior Notes for debentures....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has seen its Q1 net income plunge....
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action....
Workers at Coca-Cola bottling and distribution facilities in Hartford, Connecticut and the Los Angeles area are on strike....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014