JAPAN: Sapporo to launch premium happoshu
Events in Japan's happoshu sector have taken a somewhat unexpected turn with an announcement from Sapporo that it plans to launch a premium happoshu brand. Sapporo's new brand will retail at ¥150 for a 350ml can, making it the most expensive happoshu on the market. While this sector has been a hive of activity in recent months, the attention had until now been focused on price discounting with all four major drinks groups competing aggressively for a larger slice of the low-malt beer market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director