JAPAN: Sapporo to drop happoshu price further
Japanese beer company, Sapporo Breweries, announced today that it is to reduce the price of its two happoshu brands, Hokkaido Namashibori and Tarunamashitate, from Y135 ($1.13/€1.14) for a 350 ml can to Y125 ($1.04/€1.05) from August 21. The move marks a further intensification of the price war over happoshu, the low-malt beverage, being waged among Japan's major drinks groups, Asahi, Kirin, Suntory and Sapporo.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk