JAPAN: Sapporo to drop happoshu price further
Japanese beer company, Sapporo Breweries, announced today that it is to reduce the price of its two happoshu brands, Hokkaido Namashibori and Tarunamashitate, from Y135 ($1.13/€1.14) for a 350 ml can to Y125 ($1.04/€1.05) from August 21. The move marks a further intensification of the price war over happoshu, the low-malt beverage, being waged among Japan's major drinks groups, Asahi, Kirin, Suntory and Sapporo.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit