JAPAN: Sapporo poaches Cargill boss
Sapporo Holdings has hired the former president of Cargill Japan to become president of its subsidiary Sapporo Beverage Co.
The company said yesterday (15 January) that it has recruited Hideyo Suzuki from the Japanese unit of US grain trader Cargill Inc. due to his previous success in turning around food wholesaler Toshoku via investment company Crescent Partners.
In October, Sapporo Holdings formed a business and capital alliance with Crescent Partners in an effort to prop up Sapporo Beverage after three years of having been in the red.
Asahi Breweries is to hike its wine prices by 3-20% as a result of increased procurement costs, according to reports....
Sapporo Breweries said that it will raise the prices of 33 wine products made in Japan by between 11 and 14%, according to local reports....
Sapporo Breweries Ltd. said that it will print on beer cans the total amount of carbon dioxide emitted through its production and distribution processes, according to local reports....
A Japanese brewery said it is planning the first "space beer," using offspring of barley once stored at the International Space Station, according to reports today (27 May)....
Beer shipment by Japan's five largest brewers fell 11.3% to a combined 245,666 kilolitres in April from a year earlier, due to price hikes by brewery giant Asahi....
In a move that Steel Partners Japan Strategic Fund (SPJSF) has described as "exceptional and unnecessary", Sapporo Holdings has once more delayed giving the offshore investor a response to its express...
Kirin Holdings and Sapporo Holdings are looking to merge their beer distribution in the north of Japan, according to local reports....
Domestic shipments of beer and beer-like products in Japan registered a fall in the first three months of 2008, according to recent figures....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends