CANADA: Sapporo outlines Sleeman offer
Sleeman Breweries has confirmed that its sale to Sapporo is progressing as planned.
The Canadian brewer said late last week that Silver 2501 Canada, an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Sapporo, has mailed Sleeman shareholders with the precise details of the takeover.
The circular, which includes the unanimous recommendation of Sleeman's board, sets the takeover offer at US$17.50 per share. The offer will close at 1700, Toronto time on 2 October.
The offer requires that 66 2/3% of Sleeman shareholders vote in favour of the bid, the mailout adds.
Major brewing groups are clamouring to get into India, which, by dint of its young population, expanding economy and rising personal disposable income offers huge growth potential. International group...
Canadian beer maker Brick Brewing Co. is to play on its status as a domestically owned brewer when it unveils its latest marketing campaign....
Japan's Sapporo Holdings is reportedly mulling an effective takeover bid from US hedge fund Steel Partners Japan....
Japan's brewers, fierce rivals as they fight for share of the country's stagnant beer market, are reportedly set to join forces in a campaign to boost sales....
The largest shareholder in Sapporo Holdings has taken issue with the Japanese group's plans to avoid a hostile takeover, according to local reports....
Japanese group Sapporo is planning to stop selling products on behalf of local soft drinks group Fujiya Co....
Sapporo Beverage Co. is considering dissolving its contract to sell drinks made by food and drinks maker Fujiya Co., according to local reports....
In a new development in the functional drinks market, Sapporo Beverage Co., part of Sapporo Holdings group, is to launch a drink that help to alleviate the main symptoms of hay fever....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research