CANADA: Sapporo outlines Sleeman offer
Sleeman Breweries has confirmed that its sale to Sapporo is progressing as planned.
The Canadian brewer said late last week that Silver 2501 Canada, an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Sapporo, has mailed Sleeman shareholders with the precise details of the takeover.
The circular, which includes the unanimous recommendation of Sleeman's board, sets the takeover offer at US$17.50 per share. The offer will close at 1700, Toronto time on 2 October.
The offer requires that 66 2/3% of Sleeman shareholders vote in favour of the bid, the mailout adds.
Major brewing groups are clamouring to get into India, which, by dint of its young population, expanding economy and rising personal disposable income offers huge growth potential. International group...
Canadian beer maker Brick Brewing Co. is to play on its status as a domestically owned brewer when it unveils its latest marketing campaign....
Japan's Sapporo Holdings is reportedly mulling an effective takeover bid from US hedge fund Steel Partners Japan....
Japan's brewers, fierce rivals as they fight for share of the country's stagnant beer market, are reportedly set to join forces in a campaign to boost sales....
The largest shareholder in Sapporo Holdings has taken issue with the Japanese group's plans to avoid a hostile takeover, according to local reports....
Japanese group Sapporo is planning to stop selling products on behalf of local soft drinks group Fujiya Co....
Sapporo Beverage Co. is considering dissolving its contract to sell drinks made by food and drinks maker Fujiya Co., according to local reports....
In a new development in the functional drinks market, Sapporo Beverage Co., part of Sapporo Holdings group, is to launch a drink that help to alleviate the main symptoms of hay fever....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends