JAPAN: Sapporo Holdings to merge beverage units
Pokka Sapporo Food & Beverage will be formed from two of Sapporo's Japanese subsidiaries
Sapporo Holdings has further integrated the Pokka Corp business by merging the unit with its own non-alcoholic beverage business.
Pokka Sapporo Food & Beverage will be formed Sapporo Beverage Co and Pokka Corp. The new company is expected to be fully operational by 1 April, the Japanese brewer and drinks maker said on Friday (10 February).
Sapporo Beverage Co produces soft drinks for the Japanese market, while Japan-based Pokka includes confectionery and foodservice, as well as soft drinks. In November last year, Sapporo announced plans to integrate the two units, in order to "strengthen competitive edge and enhance corporate value under severe market competitions".
Sapporo said that it is setting up a management integration committee to execute the merger, it said. Last week, Sapporo said that Pokka's addition to group sales helped it to increase full-year operating profits by 22% on 2010, to JPY18.8bn (US$242m).
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future