JAPAN: Sapporo Breweries latest to confirm price rises
Sapporo Breweries has confirmed plans to up prices for its beer and beer-like beverages.
The Japanese company, which was reported in October to be considering the move, said today (20 December) that it will up the prices of its drinks as rising prices for malt, corn, aluminium and other materials are forecast to increase procurement costs by around JPY3bn (US$26.5m) next year.
The price increases, scheduled to take effect in April next year, will be in the region of 3% and 5%, Sapporo said.
A Japanese brewery said it is planning the first "space beer," using offspring of barley once stored at the International Space Station, according to reports today (27 May)....
Poor weather and rising costs have failed to hinder Lion Nathan, which has posted a healthy set of figures for the first half of its financial year....
UK beer maker Wells and Young's Brewing Company has renewed its licensing deal with Japanese brewer Kirin, securing long-term brewing, sales and marketing rights for the super-premium Japanese lager, ...
Beer shipment by Japan's five largest brewers fell 11.3% to a combined 245,666 kilolitres in April from a year earlier, due to price hikes by brewery giant Asahi....
In a move that Steel Partners Japan Strategic Fund (SPJSF) has described as "exceptional and unnecessary", Sapporo Holdings has once more delayed giving the offshore investor a response to its express...
Kirin Holdings and Sapporo Holdings are looking to merge their beer distribution in the north of Japan, according to local reports....
Domestic shipments of beer and beer-like products in Japan registered a fall in the first three months of 2008, according to recent figures....
Kirin Holdings is on the hunt for partnerships in India, Thailand and Vietnam, according to local reports....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future