JAPAN: Sapporo and Suntory find third way
Sapporo and Suntory are to expand their so-called 'third beer' portfolios. The two Japanese brewers plan to enhance their operations in the sector in the face of declining regular and low-malt beer shipments in the first 11 months of this year.
Up until the end of November this year, Japan's top five breweries have seen regular and low-malt beer shipments slide by 4.8% year-on-year. Including the 'third beer' category, however, shipments remained nearly flat for the period. Both Sapporo and Suntory expect the 'third beer' category to grow more popular going forward.
Sapporo has changed the recipe for its Draft One third beer and will add a 250ml can to its line-up in late January. The company also intends to launch a sales promotion campaign from mid-January to late-March.
Suntory, meanwhile, will introduce a revamped Super Blue to the market in late-January. The new drink will use low-malt beer containing twice as much malt as the current product.
Spirits company Blavod Extreme Spirits and the Japanese drinks group Suntory recently announced the formation of a joint venture to develop and market new spirits brands. Chris Brook-Carter spoke with...
Sapporo Breweries has raised its sales targets for its low-alcoholic fruit drink brand "Fruit Sparkling"....
Suntory International Corp. is to release three types of shochu in the US....
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
Blavod Extreme Spirits has agreed to form a joint venture company with Suntory International Corp, the US subsidiary of Suntory Limited. ...
Sapporo Holdings Ltd has reported a consolidated pretax loss for the half ended in June....
Suntory Ltd is to suspend sales of its Bubbleman Soda Jet soft drink....
The Japanese brewer, Sapporo Breweries Ltd., is to launch a new range of low-alcohol drinks in the autumn under the brand name, Fruit Sparking....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India