USA: SAP Introduces New Solution for International Beverage Industry
mySAP(TM) Consumer Products -- Beverage Solution is a comprehensive solution for the beverage industry that combines a leading enterprisewide backbone with full e-commerce functionality. SAP is the world's leading provider of e-business software solutions.
SAP signed a contract earlier this year with its long-term customer and partner COPA GmbH to develop this solution, which leverages both companies' areas of expertise in consumer products and the beverage industry specifically. Furthermore, SAP has acquired a 25.1 percent share in COPA to strengthen the partnership. SAP will develop the new solution based on the successful COPA product, extending the functionality, and will offer customers a fully integrated solution that takes advantage of the power of the mySAP.com(TM) e-business platform.
"The international beverage industry requires a comprehensive solution to manage its unique business processes on a global level"
mySAP Consumer Products for the Beverage Industry is targeted at the soft drink industry, breweries, distilleries and beverage wholesalers. The solution covers specific business processes of the beverage industry such as the management of empties, check-out and check-in settlement; mobile workplaces in warehouses and on trucks, outbound telesales, rebate management for indirect customers, and contract management. Additional features will include support for handling excise tax issues and equipment rentals.
''The international beverage industry requires a comprehensive solution to manage its unique business processes on a global level,'' said Peter Zencke, executive board member, SAP AG. ''In direct response to our beverage customers worldwide, SAP is developing the mySAP Consumer Products -- Beverage Solution to enable these companies to react more quickly to market demands and operate more efficiently.''
''The development of mySAP Consumer Products -- Beverage Solution is a logical advancement to our R/3® beverage solution, providing our customers with long-term, stable software while reinsuring their investment decisions,'' said Bernhard Foelting, managing director of COPA.
SAP is presently working with pilot customers, and customer projects will continue in the first and second quarter of 2001, with controlled availability scheduled for the second half of 2001. The initial focus will be on the European and American markets with English-, Spanish- and German-language versions, and further country versions will follow.
SAP and its partners, COPA and Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, will demonstrate the mySAP Consumer Products -- Beverage Solution at the InterBev 2000 Conference in Booth 4727. SAP also is a sponsor of the eBusiness Pavilion at the show.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages