US: Santa Cruz Organic launches online promotion
- Consumers use Facebook to nominate good deeds by friends
- Up to US$20,000 may go to Feeding America programme
- Participants can win $3,500
Santa Cruz Organic has joined with a hunger charity
Santa Cruz Organic has launched an online promotion to promote its line of organic lemonade beverages in the US.
The company hopes to raise up to US$20,000 for the Feeding America hunger-relief charity. Santa Cruz Organic is one of many beverage companies aiming to carve out a niche in a soft drinks industry that some believe has reached saturation.
Santa Cruz Organic Launches Sweet Deed Society
Celebrate Good Deeds to Help Donate 160,000 Meals to Feeding America and for the Chance to Win a Beach Vacation and Other Prizes
CHICO, Calif., June 21, 2012
This summer Santa Cruz Organic will celebrate good deeds and the spirit of helping others with the launch of the Sweet Deed Society at www.facebook.com/santacruzorganic. For each daily sweet deed nomination submitted, Santa Cruz Organic will donate five dollars to Feeding America®, up to $20,000 - that will help provide 160,000 meals* for families struggling with hunger across the country.
Starting today, consumers are invited to become a member of the Sweet Deed Society on the Santa Cruz Organic Facebook page and nominate a friend who has done a good deed. Participants will also be entered into a grand prize drawing for a chance to win weekly prizes and one of two beach vacations, awarded as a $3,500 check. To help acknowledge their good deed, the nominee can also accept their nomination, join the Sweet Deed Society and be entered for their own chance to win.
As the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity, Feeding America knows the value of a good deed. Santa Cruz Organic is proud to partner with them and help further their mission to feed America's hungry and engage the country in the fight to end hunger.
Santa Cruz Organic Lemonade Beverages are certified USDA organic products and available in recyclable 32-ounce glass bottles in a variety of flavors.
No purchase necessary. Promotion open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 years and older and ends at noon on August 8, 2012. Promotion subject to complete Official Rules available at www.facebook.com/santacruzorganic. Void where prohibited.
As a pioneer organic brand, Santa Cruz Organic was the first to have a wide range of organic, 100 percent juices and blends and the first juice processor to use all organic fruit sourced from growers certified by an independent, third-party certification organization. With a history of developing innovative products, Santa Cruz Organic currently offers more than 80 organic items ranging from organic fruit juices and sparkling beverages to organic fruit sauces, chocolate syrups, peanut butters and fruit spreads. Visit www.santacruzorganic.com or www.facebook.com/santacruzorganic for more information.
*$1 donated provides the equivalent of 8 meals secured by Feeding America® on behalf of local food banks.
Original source: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/santa-cruz-organic-launches-sweet-deed-society-2012-06-21
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts