CHILE: Santa Carolina chases modern image
Chilean wine group Santa Carolina has undergone a major rebranding in a move it hopes will give the company a more modern image in the eyes of consumers.
The company has become Carolina Wine Brands, an umbrella organisation that will focus on five key brands, including its flagship wine Santa Carolina.
Ben Gordon, Carolina Wine Brands' UK export manager, said the move would give buyers and consumers a better understanding of the company's portfolio.
"The change is a concept that gives us more modernity. The term Santa was older, more traditional and removing that gives us a more modern image," he told just-drinks from Santiago today (16 August).
"The change gives us more focus because, within the last two years or so, there have been many changes at the company. But this really communicates the fact that we are focusing on five brands and plan to invest in them."
The Santa Carolina brand will remain key to the company, Gordon said, alongside four other labels - Viña Casablanca, Viña Ochagavía, Finca El Origen and Antares.
The company is planning to launch extensions to the Antares range in the UK next month and Gordon said the label would be pushed as a Chilean wine brand.
"It's a concept brand, mainly for the off-trade. We really feel that there is a need for a Chilean wine brand to take off. Obviously there is Casillero del Diablo but that doesn't have the same presence as some of the Australian brands."
Exports account for 70% of Carolina Wine Brands' sales with key markets including Canada, Brazil and the US.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review