CHILE: Santa Carolina chases modern image
Chilean wine group Santa Carolina has undergone a major rebranding in a move it hopes will give the company a more modern image in the eyes of consumers.
The company has become Carolina Wine Brands, an umbrella organisation that will focus on five key brands, including its flagship wine Santa Carolina.
Ben Gordon, Carolina Wine Brands' UK export manager, said the move would give buyers and consumers a better understanding of the company's portfolio.
"The change is a concept that gives us more modernity. The term Santa was older, more traditional and removing that gives us a more modern image," he told just-drinks from Santiago today (16 August).
"The change gives us more focus because, within the last two years or so, there have been many changes at the company. But this really communicates the fact that we are focusing on five brands and plan to invest in them."
The Santa Carolina brand will remain key to the company, Gordon said, alongside four other labels - Viña Casablanca, Viña Ochagavía, Finca El Origen and Antares.
The company is planning to launch extensions to the Antares range in the UK next month and Gordon said the label would be pushed as a Chilean wine brand.
"It's a concept brand, mainly for the off-trade. We really feel that there is a need for a Chilean wine brand to take off. Obviously there is Casillero del Diablo but that doesn't have the same presence as some of the Australian brands."
Exports account for 70% of Carolina Wine Brands' sales with key markets including Canada, Brazil and the US.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research