CHILE: San Pedro snaps up Leyda winery
Chilean wine group Viña San Pedro has snapped up local winery Viña Leyda as it looks to strengthen its presence in the country's emerging wine regions.
The deal, for an undisclosed sum, was struck through Viña Tabalí, a boutique winery based in the Limarí Valley and in which San Pedro owned a 50% stake.
Viña Leyda is situated in the eponymous valley and is located 40km south of Chile's Casablanca Valley.
San Pedro CEO Pablo Turner said: "The group is now present in the two emerging wine zones that are currently the most interesting in the local market."
Local businessman Luis Alberto Fernández set up Viña Leyda in 1997. The winery is known for its Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah varieties.
The establishment of a new umbrella organisation for Chile's wine industry will not bring any changes to promotional body Wines of Chile, according to the head of the body in the UK....
The Chilean wine industry has officially launched a new umbrella wine association....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has reported a strong start to 2007....
Chilean wine group San Pedro has named Les Grands Chais de France as its distributor for the UK market....
Chilean wine group San Pedro has parted company with its UK agent Buckingham Vintners....
A shareholder in Buckingham Vintners has upped its stake in the UK wine agent....
Chile's largest wine producer San Pedro has ploughed US$5m into its Viña Altaïr joint venture in an effort to reduce debts at the company....
San Pedro is poised to add to its Chilean wine range - this time with two Argentinean offerings....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts