CHILE/UK: San Pedro, Les Grands Chais join forces
The deal, announced today (7 February), comes just days after San Pedro parted company with former UK distributor Buckingham Vintners.
Les Grands Chais' will handle San Pedro's Chilean wine brands 35º South and Castillo de Molina and its Argentinian label, Finca La Celia in the UK.
San Pedro export director Stuart Downes said: "We've noted the rapid development of Les Grands Chais de France in the UK market. Working together it will not be long until 35º South joins J.P. Chenet as one of the UK's leading wine brands."
J.P. Chenet is Les Grands Chais' flagship brand in the UK, selling around 5m cases a year, Downes told just-drinks. "This (deal) allows us to move forward and provide greater flexibility for our customers in the UK," he continued.
Tim North, UK director at Les Grands Chais, praised San Pedro's "determination" to succeed in the UK and said the two companies would work to create "a new force for wines from South America."
The establishment of a new umbrella organisation for Chile's wine industry will not bring any changes to promotional body Wines of Chile, according to the head of the body in the UK....
The Chilean wine industry has officially launched a new umbrella wine association....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas has reported a strong start to 2007....
Les Grands Chais de France has launched an appeal against the sale of Bordeaux négociant Antoine Moueix Lebègue (AML) to French wine group Jeanjean....
Chilean wine group Viña San Pedro has snapped up local winery Viña Leyda as it looks to strengthen its presence in the country's emerging wine regions....
Chilean wine group San Pedro has parted company with its UK agent Buckingham Vintners....
A shareholder in Buckingham Vintners has upped its stake in the UK wine agent....
Chile's largest wine producer San Pedro has ploughed US$5m into its Viña Altaïr joint venture in an effort to reduce debts at the company....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- This week in spirits & wine
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts