PHILIPPINES: San Miguel readies brewery listing – report
San Miguel Corp. has lined up the flotation of its domestic beer unit for later this year, according to local reports.
The Philippines-based company is readying the listing for the second quarter of 2008, company president Ramon Ang was cited as saying in a report in The Philippine Star today (3 March). The floating of San Miguel Brewery will hopefully reap in the region of PHP25bn (US$611.3m), Ang told the paper, with the proceeds being used to fund working capital requirements and ventures into new markets.
San Miguel Brewery is planning to sell around 1.5bn common shares - made up of 1.39bn existing shares and 154.8 new shares - at between PHP9.50 and PHP16.30 each. At least 70% of the shares will be sold overseas with the balance issued locally, the paper said.
San Miguel's spirits unit, Ginebra San Miguel, is already listed on the bourse in the Philippines.
Japanese brewer Kirin Holdings holds a 20% stake in San Miguel Corp.
The Asia Pacific region is home to some of the world's largest spirits producers though many of them are focused predominantly on their domestic markets. Others, however, are expanding their internati...
The runners and riders are lining up to buy Cadbury Schweppes' Australian soft drinks unit, should it be put up for sale....
Kirin, the Japanese drinks firm, has said it intends to expand its soft drinks division overseas, but declined to comment on speculation that it has shown interest in Cadbury Schweppes' Australian dri...
Japanese brewer Kirin has blamed rising costs and a sluggish market for a drop in domestic beer sales and profits in its first half....
Lion Nathan has posted a lift in sales for the first nine months of its current fiscal year, driven mainly by its purchase of J Boag & Son in January....
Sapporo Breweries is to raise the annual sales target of its beer-like drink "Mugi to Hop," to 5.5 million cases from the previously planned three million cases, according to local sources....
Suntory has taken the number three spot on the Japanese domestic beer market, leapfrogging Sapporo Breweries....
Steel Partners Japan Strategic Fund has called for Sapporo Holdings to consider bringing an investment bank in "to explore strategic alternatives" for the Japanese company....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report