PHILIPPINES: San Miguel Q1 profit leaps
San Miguel Corp. has posted its figures for the first quarter. The food and beverage group announced today that net profit had leapt by almost 30% thanks to strong beer sales in the Philippines prior to elections in the country.
Net income for the period from January to March hit PHP1.74 billion (US$31.3m), compared to PHP1.34 billion for the same period last year.
Elections are scheduled for 10 May in the Philippines.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends