PHILIPPINES: San Miguel Q1 on the rise - just
San Miguel has posted a slight rise in Q1 net profit. The increase fell short of the group's expectations, however.
At the company's annual meeting today (17 May), The Philippine company's chairman, Eduardo Cojuangco, said that Q1 net profit rose to PHP1.78bn (US$32.78m) compared to PHP1.74bn in the corresponding period a year earlier.
"Growth in the first quarter 2005 has been a bit slower than we would have liked," Cojuangco said. "Challenges prevail in our current operating environment, not least the impact of higher raw materials, fuel and transport costs and higher excise taxes.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Coca-Cola Co apologises over Fanta ad
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future