PHILIPPINES: San Miguel Q1 on the rise - just
San Miguel has posted a slight rise in Q1 net profit. The increase fell short of the group's expectations, however.
At the company's annual meeting today (17 May), The Philippine company's chairman, Eduardo Cojuangco, said that Q1 net profit rose to PHP1.78bn (US$32.78m) compared to PHP1.74bn in the corresponding period a year earlier.
"Growth in the first quarter 2005 has been a bit slower than we would have liked," Cojuangco said. "Challenges prevail in our current operating environment, not least the impact of higher raw materials, fuel and transport costs and higher excise taxes.
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- The global beer category - The facts
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research