PHILIPPINES: San Miguel net profits may disappoint - analysts
Philippine food and beverage group San Miguel Corporation is expected to report lower net profits than hoped for in 2001 as the effect of acquisitions on interest income from its cash kicks in.
San Miguel recorded a net profit of 7.5 billion pesos in 2000 but when non-recurring income of PHP670 million from the redemption of a unit's preferred shares was excluded, its net profit dwindled to PHP6.84 billion. Many analysts say the company will be hard pressed to match even that figure in 2001.
San Miguel is expected to release its full-year results within the next two weeks.
As a result of a number of acquisitions, including a share in Coca-Cola Amatil, the company's cash balance, which had been growing due to a number of divestments, has fallen.
San Miguel had been using interest income generated from its cash hoard to service its considerable debts. But in the first nine months of last year its net interest expenses leapt to PHP1.5 billion from PHP552 million.
Nonetheless, analysts still believe San Miguel will meet a expectations for sales of around PHP125 billion.
Companies: Coca-Cola Amatil
Coca-Cola Amatil produced decent first-half results but speculation that it may sell some of its international operations and its determination to look beyond the core soft drinks sectors for growth i...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has refused to be drawn on the candidates to replace outgoing president and CEO John Alm....
Coca-Cola Amatil said yesterday (10 August) that it has agreed to purchase the business and assets of the Grinders Coffee Group (Grinders)....
Following a review of its operations, Coca-Cola Amatil has announced its intention to restructure its Asian business activities through the creation of an Asian Beverage Division (CCA Asia)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has seen its net profits increase 16.8% to A$145.2m in its first half, driven in part by growth of non-carbs and innovation, the company said today (10 August)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is poised to shake up its Indonesian and South Korean bottling operations, according to an investment bank....
Coca-Cola Amatil is to issue a five-year A$250m (US$192m) domestic debt issue....
SPC Ardmona has signed an agreement with parent company Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) to supply it with apple juice....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets