PHILIPPINES: San Miguel net profits may disappoint - analysts
Philippine food and beverage group San Miguel Corporation is expected to report lower net profits than hoped for in 2001 as the effect of acquisitions on interest income from its cash kicks in. San Miguel recorded a net profit of 7.5 billion pesos in 2000 but when non-recurring income of PHP670 million from the redemption of a unit's preferred shares was excluded, its net profit dwindled to PHP6.84 billion. Many analysts say the company will be hard pressed to match even that figure in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory