PHILIPPINES: San Miguel net profit down 34% in first quarter
The Philippines conglomerate, San Miguel Corp., posted an unexpected 34% decline in net profit for the first quarter to Peso1.11 billion (US$21.8m) against Peso1.67 billion pesos in the corresponding period last year. The company reported that the 35% rise in first-quarter turnover from Peso22.39 billion to Peso30.17 billion had failed to compensate for the "short-term dilutive impact" of recent acquisitions. But the company also said that consolidated net income, without the acquisitions, was 13% up on last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL