PHILIPPINES: San Miguel net profit down 34% in first quarter
The Philippines conglomerate, San Miguel Corp., posted an unexpected 34% decline in net profit for the first quarter to Peso1.11 billion (US$21.8m) against Peso1.67 billion pesos in the corresponding period last year. The company reported that the 35% rise in first-quarter turnover from Peso22.39 billion to Peso30.17 billion had failed to compensate for the "short-term dilutive impact" of recent acquisitions. But the company also said that consolidated net income, without the acquisitions, was 13% up on last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights