PHILIPPINES: San Miguel net profit down 34% in first quarter
The Philippines conglomerate, San Miguel Corp., posted an unexpected 34% decline in net profit for the first quarter to Peso1.11 billion (US$21.8m) against Peso1.67 billion pesos in the corresponding period last year. The company reported that the 35% rise in first-quarter turnover from Peso22.39 billion to Peso30.17 billion had failed to compensate for the "short-term dilutive impact" of recent acquisitions. But the company also said that consolidated net income, without the acquisitions, was 13% up on last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research