PHILIPPINES: San Miguel forms new drinks unit
San Miguel Corp. has created a new beverage company.
The Philippine food and beverage giant said today (18 January) that it has set up San Miguel Beverages. The unit has an authorised capital of PHP100m (US$2.05m).
Company corporate information officer Ferdinand Constantino confirmed the move in a letter to the Philippine Stock Exchange.
Constantino was responding to an article regarding the new division, published today in the Manilla Standard. No further details were given.
Earlier this month, San Miguel, which produces drinks including beer brand Pale Pilsen, sold its stake in Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines to The Coca-Cola Co.
The conglomerate will receive US$590m over five years from Coke for the 65% stake.
Coca-Cola could be about to acquire the Highland Spring brand to revive its presence in the UK bottled water market. And, writes Annette Farr, Highland Spring's recent decision to change its classific...
The imminent smoking ban in pubs in England and Wales is expected to provide a further boost to already growing on-premise soft drinks sales, writes Annette Farr, with more female consumers and famili...
Groupe Danone has sold its Danao brand to French cider company Cidreries du Calvados la Fermiere (CCLF)....
A leading US politician has questioned whether food and drinks companies will voluntarily combat the issue of rising child obesity in the country....
The Coca-Cola Co has won a tender to become the exclusive soft drink and water provider and sponsor at 10 racetracks served by rival Pepsi by 2012 under a multimillion dollar deal announced with Inter...
Groupe Danone has refused to comment on reports claiming that PepsiCo remains interested in buying the French food company....
Australian-based soft drinks group Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has announced that it has selected LG Household and Health Care as the preferred bidder for its South Korean business Coca-Cola Korea Bottling...
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling has announced a dividend payable at the rate EUR0.32 per share at the Annual General Meeting, held on 20th June 2007....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research