SPAIN: San Miguel eyes Eastern Europe
Spanish brewer San Miguel intends to expand in Eastern Europe and will enter Romania this year, a company spokeswoman has confirmed to just-drinks.
"We are looking at expansion opportunities in the new EU country members to continue to consolidate our position as Spain's most international beer maker," she said.
She said San Miguel was looking to expand in other EU markets which it will detail in future.
San Miguel will also enter Algeria by year end as the launching pad to expansion in the "interesting" African Maghreb region although the company's expansion will focus in Europe.
Owned by the Catalan Mahou-San Miguel group, San Miguel has also strengthened its position in Belgium and parts of Central Europe, the spokeswoman added.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
- Comment - The Race Downhill for Treasury
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Cognac FY sales slide as China troubles bite
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory