PHILIPPINES: San Miguel Corporation Announces Takeover Bid for J Boag & Son
San Miguel Corporation, the Philippines' largest food and beverage company, yesterday announced its intention to make an off-market takeover bid for all the issued shares in J Boag & Son Limited ("J Boag & Son" or "the Company") through a wholly-owned subsidiary ("San Miguel"). San Miguel will offer A$1.65 cash consideration for each ordinary share in J Boag & Son, valuing the company at approximately A$92 million (US$55 million). San Miguel will also bid for all the outstanding options over J Boag & Son shares at commensurate prices and shares issued pursuant to the exercise of those options. San Miguel believes that its offer is highly attractive and reflects full and fair value to J Boag & Son shareholders. The offer price represents a premium of 60.2% to J Boag & Son's closing share price of A$1.03 on Friday April 14, 2000. In addition, it represents a premium of:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World