PHILIPPINES: San Miguel Corporation Announces Takeover Bid for J Boag & Son
San Miguel Corporation, the Philippines' largest food and beverage company, yesterday announced its intention to make an off-market takeover bid for all the issued shares in J Boag & Son Limited ("J Boag & Son" or "the Company") through a wholly-owned subsidiary ("San Miguel"). San Miguel will offer A$1.65 cash consideration for each ordinary share in J Boag & Son, valuing the company at approximately A$92 million (US$55 million). San Miguel will also bid for all the outstanding options over J Boag & Son shares at commensurate prices and shares issued pursuant to the exercise of those options. San Miguel believes that its offer is highly attractive and reflects full and fair value to J Boag & Son shareholders. The offer price represents a premium of 60.2% to J Boag & Son's closing share price of A$1.03 on Friday April 14, 2000. In addition, it represents a premium of:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages