PHILIPPINES: San Miguel Corporation Announces Takeover Bid for J Boag & Son
San Miguel Corporation, the Philippines' largest food and beverage company, yesterday announced its intention to make an off-market takeover bid for all the issued shares in J Boag & Son Limited ("J Boag & Son" or "the Company") through a wholly-owned subsidiary ("San Miguel"). San Miguel will offer A$1.65 cash consideration for each ordinary share in J Boag & Son, valuing the company at approximately A$92 million (US$55 million). San Miguel will also bid for all the outstanding options over J Boag & Son shares at commensurate prices and shares issued pursuant to the exercise of those options. San Miguel believes that its offer is highly attractive and reflects full and fair value to J Boag & Son shareholders. The offer price represents a premium of 60.2% to J Boag & Son's closing share price of A$1.03 on Friday April 14, 2000. In addition, it represents a premium of:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1