PHILIPPINES: San Miguel Corporation Announces Takeover Bid for J Boag & Son
San Miguel Corporation, the Philippines' largest food and beverage company, yesterday announced its intention to make an off-market takeover bid for all the issued shares in J Boag & Son Limited ("J Boag & Son" or "the Company") through a wholly-owned subsidiary ("San Miguel"). San Miguel will offer A$1.65 cash consideration for each ordinary share in J Boag & Son, valuing the company at approximately A$92 million (US$55 million). San Miguel will also bid for all the outstanding options over J Boag & Son shares at commensurate prices and shares issued pursuant to the exercise of those options. San Miguel believes that its offer is highly attractive and reflects full and fair value to J Boag & Son shareholders. The offer price represents a premium of 60.2% to J Boag & Son's closing share price of A$1.03 on Friday April 14, 2000. In addition, it represents a premium of:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research