San Miguel Corp sees YTD drinks sales rise
San Miguel has seen rise in sales for its drinks operations
San Miguel Corp has seen a single-digit lift in year-to-date sales from both its brewing operations and its combined spirits and soft drinks unit.
Sales from its brewery business were up 5% to PHP56.3bn in the nine months to the end of September, the Philippines conglomerate said earlier today. Volumes climbed 3% to 152.6m cases, but the unit's operating profits in the period slid 1% to PHP15.3bn.
For the group's spirits, soft drinks and bottled water arm, Ginebra San Miguel, sales climbed 7% in the nine months to PHP10.6bn, off the back of a 2% lift in volumes to 15m cases. Operating profits were up 114% to 124m after losses of 869m in the corresponding period last year.
Across the entire conglomerate, sales rose 10% to PHP598.7bn while net profits jumped 74% to PHP13.2bn.
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report