San Miguel Corp sees YTD drinks sales rise
San Miguel has seen rise in sales for its drinks operations
San Miguel Corp has seen a single-digit lift in year-to-date sales from both its brewing operations and its combined spirits and soft drinks unit.
Sales from its brewery business were up 5% to PHP56.3bn in the nine months to the end of September, the Philippines conglomerate said earlier today. Volumes climbed 3% to 152.6m cases, but the unit's operating profits in the period slid 1% to PHP15.3bn.
For the group's spirits, soft drinks and bottled water arm, Ginebra San Miguel, sales climbed 7% in the nine months to PHP10.6bn, off the back of a 2% lift in volumes to 15m cases. Operating profits were up 114% to 124m after losses of 869m in the corresponding period last year.
Across the entire conglomerate, sales rose 10% to PHP598.7bn while net profits jumped 74% to PHP13.2bn.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Irish whisky exports forecast to double by 2020
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits