PHILIPPINES: San Miguel, Coke talks continue – report
Talks between San Miguel Corp. and Coca-Cola Co. over their soft drinks bottling joint venture in the Philippines are entering the home straight, according to reports.
San Miguel confirmed in July that the two companies were in discussion over Coke taking at least a majority stake in, and management and operational control of, Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines (CCBPI). The Philippine food and drinks giant presently owns 65% while Coke holds the remaining 35% of CCBPI. The two companies bought CCBPI from Coca-Cola Amatil in July 2001.
Responding to a query on the status of the negotiations by Dow Jones today (24 August), San Miguel president Ramon Ang said: "Not yet, (we need) 30 days more."
Last year, the bottler saw volumes slide by 8% to 520m cases, resulting in a 63% plunge in operating profit for the period to PHP1.2bn (US$23.2m). Reports in May suggested that Coke planned not to renew CCBPI's license to bottle its products from the end of last month.
The announcement of major restructuring and 3,500 job losses at Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) says as much about The Coca-Cola Company as it does about its largest bottler. Annette Farr examines the und...
Mexican soft drinks bottler Embotelladoras Arca saw profits rise 14% last year thanks to growing volumes across the business....
US consumers will soon know how much caffeine is contained in Coca-Cola Classic. From May, The Coca-Cola Company will include caffeine content on the product's labelling as part of an industry initiat...
The Coca-Cola Company has sealed its move to take full control of its bottler in the Philippines....
The Coca-Cola Company has bought two Moldovan soft drinks brands from Efes Breweries International (EBI) for an undisclosed sum....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) may sell its South Korean bottling business after its operations there hit earnings during 2006....
Odwalla has lined up a line of bottled waters for the US, containing natural fruit flavours....
The Coca-Cola Co. has announced the appointment of Cécile Bernheim to the newly-created post of as director, strategic planning Europe....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research