Philippines/Aus: San Miguel close to bagging Boag
San Miguel's takeover offer for small, Australian premium brewer J Boag & Sons, has attracted acceptances covering more than 78% of shares by June 13, the Manila-based brewers' advisers, JP Morgan, has reported.San Miguel's written offer of $1.65c a share, made on May 23, is now unconditional, with only 10% more shares to be acquired before compulsory acquisition of the remainder can begin.Boag Chairman, Philip Adkins, said on Friday that Interbrew's takeover of Whitbread's brewing interests, in which Boag had been interested, had not led to a revival of the company's interest in Bass.Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits