Philippines/Aus: San Miguel close to bagging Boag
San Miguel's takeover offer for small, Australian premium brewer J Boag & Sons, has attracted acceptances covering more than 78% of shares by June 13, the Manila-based brewers' advisers, JP Morgan, has reported.San Miguel's written offer of $1.65c a share, made on May 23, is now unconditional, with only 10% more shares to be acquired before compulsory acquisition of the remainder can begin.Boag Chairman, Philip Adkins, said on Friday that Interbrew's takeover of Whitbread's brewing interests, in which Boag had been interested, had not led to a revival of the company's interest in Bass.Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory