Philippines/Aus: San Miguel close to bagging Boag
San Miguel's takeover offer for small, Australian premium brewer J Boag & Sons, has attracted acceptances covering more than 78% of shares by June 13, the Manila-based brewers' advisers, JP Morgan, has reported.San Miguel's written offer of $1.65c a share, made on May 23, is now unconditional, with only 10% more shares to be acquired before compulsory acquisition of the remainder can begin.Boag Chairman, Philip Adkins, said on Friday that Interbrew's takeover of Whitbread's brewing interests, in which Boag had been interested, had not led to a revival of the company's interest in Bass.Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report