Philippines/Aus: San Miguel close to bagging Boag
San Miguel's takeover offer for small, Australian premium brewer J Boag & Sons, has attracted acceptances covering more than 78% of shares by June 13, the Manila-based brewers' advisers, JP Morgan, has reported.San Miguel's written offer of $1.65c a share, made on May 23, is now unconditional, with only 10% more shares to be acquired before compulsory acquisition of the remainder can begin.Boag Chairman, Philip Adkins, said on Friday that Interbrew's takeover of Whitbread's brewing interests, in which Boag had been interested, had not led to a revival of the company's interest in Bass.Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages