PHILIPPINES/SPAIN: San Miguel Brewery, Mahou San Miguel unite to push lager brand
The SMC subsidiary has agreed to work with Mahou-San Miguel to promote the brand
Philippines' San Miguel Brewery (SMB) Inc has signed a deal with Spain's Mahou-San Miguel in a bid to expand the global footprint of the lager brand.
The companies said today (12 May) they have inked a “co-operation agreement” to “explore new markets” beyond the 60 countries where San Miguel is currently sold. The two companies have operated separately since Mahou acquired San Miguel Spain in 2000.
San Miguel Spain was originally established in 1957 as a subsidiary of the Philippines group. SMB Inc is itself a subsidiary of San Miguel Corp (SMC).
“Leveraging on the strength and depth of our category as well as presence in our respective markets can do a lot for ramping up San Miguel as a global flagship brand,” said Ramón Ang, SMC's president and SMB's COO & chairman.
Javier López del Hierro, Mahou-San Miguel's chairman said the deal is a "unique opportunity to release the brand´s enormous potential".
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Last mont, Mahou-San Miguel announced it had taken full control of its Indian joint-venture, Arian Breweries & Distilleries.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages