PHILIPPINES: San Miguel Brewery eyes delisting of shares
San Miguel Corp could be forced to delist its brewery subsidiary's shares
San Miguel Corp has confirmed it remains in talks with its joint-venture partner Kirin Holdings over ownership of the San Miguel brewery unit, but did not comment on reports it may delist the division's shares.
In a statement to the Phillipine Stock Exchange (PSE) today (25 July), San Miguel Corp, said it is "still discussing and exploring various options to address the minimum public ownership requirement of the exchange" for the beer division. San Miguel Corp is under pressure to comply with PSE rules that means publicly-listed companies must have a minimum public float of 10%.
It was reported locally yesterday (24 July) that the company may delist the shares, as Kirin has declined to cut its stake in the brewery by 10% to 38%. San Miguel Corp owns 51% of the unit.
“Kirin does not want to scale down its shares, so we might as well delist. If the PSE tells us to delist, then we will delist,” SMB chairman Ramon Ang was reported as saying.
In its filing to the PSE today, San Miguel said it will make an announcement "as soon as a decision has been reached on the matter".
Last year, just-drinks travelled to the US to report on Diageo's investor conference. The subject of the presentations was the company's hopes and plans for the Latin America & Caribbean region. While...
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- A-B InBev cuts ribbon on Vietnam brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review