PHILIPPINES: San Miguel Asian expansion clarified
San Miguel Corp today told the stock exchange that it is investigating opportunities in Indonesia. No further details were released.
San Miguel issued the disclosure following a newspaper report in which the company's chairman, Eduardo Cojuangco, was quoted as saying the group is in talks with two or three firms in Indonesia. Cojuangco said in the report that the company is still considering whether to form a new company or buy some existing Indonesian companies.
Earlier this year, San Miguel stated that it intends to increase sales by expanding its presence in Asia. It has already completed acquisitions in Vietnam and Taiwan, and has pegged $500 million for the expansion plans.
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review