PHILIPPINES: San Miguel Asian expansion clarified
San Miguel Corp today told the stock exchange that it is investigating opportunities in Indonesia. No further details were released.
San Miguel issued the disclosure following a newspaper report in which the company's chairman, Eduardo Cojuangco, was quoted as saying the group is in talks with two or three firms in Indonesia. Cojuangco said in the report that the company is still considering whether to form a new company or buy some existing Indonesian companies.
Earlier this year, San Miguel stated that it intends to increase sales by expanding its presence in Asia. It has already completed acquisitions in Vietnam and Taiwan, and has pegged $500 million for the expansion plans.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018